So, anyways, back to the prompt for this week...."Bad Poetry". Let's get to it, shall we?
So I started with these supplies:
Yup...that was it...minus the paper, glue stick and gesso. The thing that took me the longest for this spread, was finding the words to use for my "bad poetry". I've recently been dismantling magazines, cutting out images and words for using in my art journal, and even my art for swaps and to sell, and so I have a small bucket that I'm keeping words, phrases and more in...so I went to digging in it to create some "bad poetry"
I started by creating my background. Artist's Loft Turquoise and Liquitex Basics Titanium White, laid down over various papers & gesso. I then grabbed a few stencils and still using the same two colors, did a little work with those. I got turned on to the restricted color palette work by a challenge we did earlier this past week, and really fell in love with it, and knew it would be something I would be doing again.
Once the background was done and drying, I started looking for something to "write" my "bad poetry" on...and found this cute little folder/envelope that was made for me by my dear friend, Lynn. I glued down my w
|The folder with the poetry.|
|The entire spread.|
|A close-up of one of the pages showing the detail and how great it turned out.|
I have to say I was very pleased with how this spread turned out, even though I'm not sure my "poetry" was worth a damn, lol.
In other artistic pursuits from this week I got busy creating some altered playing cards...Still working on them, but they sure are fun, and I really like the ones I've gotten done so far. Here's a shot of them before I started the final stages:
And here are some of the ones I've completed so far:
And there you have it! My creative endeavors since my last post...thanks for stopping by!