This week's prompt is "Clocks" - since Daylight Savings Time starts now, and I thought it was kind of a neat way to celebrate it....Who doesn't love longer days? More daylight? The promise of warmer weather? And so in honor of that, I came up with this spread....
I started with a background I created using the Dylusions Blendable Acrylics in Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise and Crushed Grape, using a brayer to spread those luscious colors all over a pair of pages in my large Dylusions journal.
Looks kinda wonky, I know....but this is the only pic I have of it before I started working on it and the lighting is weird...it did NOT look that horrendous before I attacked it again...lol.
So, I dug out some "text" stamps...one is just a background stamp by Stampabilities, and the other is a Dina Wakley Mixed Media stamp on loan to me from my dear friend, Lynn, and using my black archival stamp pad, got to stamping all over the page. I did this because when I started I wasn't too sure where I was going to use the stencil, and I wanted to make sure there was text peeking thru....
So, using one of my trusty make-up sponges, I got busy with my stencil....Ya know, one of the things I love about the new Dylusions paints is not just how well they go down, or how smooth they are when I'm finished, but also how fast they dry and how little is actually needed to get the job done! It's fantastic! So, I started moving my stencil around the outer edges of the pages until I had this!
But, there was just something off to me about how this looked...I couldn't figure it out right away, so I set it off to the side to give my brain a chance to step away. A few minutes later, it hit me! Those edges! The one drawback to the Tim Holtz Stencils is the fact that they are skinny...so all the clocks have a hard edge on the inside of the spread that I didn't like...so time for more Black Marble and my sponge....a few minutes later and I had this!
I just took the paint "into" the stencil and "roughed up" the edges a bit....Ah! MUCH better! But, stuck again! What to do now? Set it to the side, ask a group of dear friends what they think, and wait...
After a lot of searching, I found a quote that KIND OF matches what I wanted to convey...and with my trusty Uniball Signo white broad point pen, I wrote it out and call it finished....
Now, to share with you some other things that I have completed/started this week:
First is an altered CD that I sent out in a swap....
I had a lot of fun putting it together, tho I have to say that getting the flowers to cooperate was a real pain in the ass...lol.
Then there were some backgrounds that I worked on in my journal as well:
|This was made using some Tim Holtz tissue, Quin Magenta by|
Liquitex Basics, Dylusions Blendable Acrylic in White Linen
Prima Damask Stencil and a makeup sponge.
|This background was created with Liquitex Basics in Quin Magenta|
and Titanium White, Amsterdam acrylics in Cad Red Light Hue, a
1" flat brush, and 3 different stencils...one Dyan Reaveley, one
Crafters' Workshop and one Heidi Swapp.
|This background was done with the new Dylusions blendable acrylics|
in Fresh Lime, Squeezed Orange, Vibrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape,
Bubblegum Pink and Black Marble for the stencil (can't remember
the brand of the stencil, but it was a 12x12).
|Dylusions paint in Vibrant Turquoise and White Linen for the|
stencils, the butterflies by Crafter's Workshop and the
Damask by Prima.
|Dylusions in Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquoise.|
|This one might be one of my absolute favorites...Dylusions paints|
in Squeezed Orange, Crushed Grape, Bubblegum Pink and Black
Marble...Prima stencil. The paints were applied with a brayer.
So, there you go...a brief rundown of my week as a whole...sort of...lol.
I hope you enjoyed it all and thanks for looking!