Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week 15 - "found" poetry

I didn't think about it when I suggested this prompt for the group...found poetry...using letters and words cut from all manner of print sources.  That's all well and good if you have a bunch of sources you can use.  I, however, like pictures...and colors...I buy books for my when I came time to do this prompt, I didn't have anything to cut up.  So, I printed it off on my computer and changed the font for every word....thank God I'm a font ho...I had plenty to choose

So, working in my large Dylusions journal, I started work by creating my background using 3 colors....Titanium White, Turquoise and Brilliant Yellow Green...The white and green were Liquitex Basics, while the Turq was Amsterdam All Acrylics Standard Series.  So, grabbing my 1" flat Dina Wakley brush, I started laying down color.  Once it was finally dry (got a little heavy handed with my paint) I cut out and added my words, then traced around them with my Scarlet Lime pen, so they'd jump out a little off the light background.

I hope you like the spread.  Please leave me some love, I love hearing from you guys!

Here's a shot of the full spread....I love how the colors just came together on to figure out how to achieve this without using so damn much paint!

This quote....I think everyone of us feels this way at some point in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment