Thursday, December 11, 2014

New Journal and a releasing of old baggage

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am fiercely loyal to my family and friends...and I take it very personally when people do things to hurt or cause problems for them...so I'd been having a rough time over the last week and a half or so due to the actions of other individuals, and had really let it get under my skin.(imagine Tommy Boy with the roll after Richard hits him across the face with the 2x4)  Problem was, it was bleeding over everywhere and I was staying angry about it all the time...So, I thought a little retail therapy and a lot of journaling would help...and I ended up with another small Dylusions journal, that I spent the next 48 hours glaring at because my muse was silent...actually, that's not true...she was telling me how she couldn't work while I was still so angry.  So, I typed everything up and tucked it into an envelope, which I then sealed and taped into my daily art journal, then made the conscious decision to let that shit go...well, it worked!  I got inspired...sort of...ok, that's bullshit...I forced myself to put paint on paper...and slowly but surely something emerged out of the ugly...
Restoration - the word was provided to me by my oldest daughter, understanding what I was trying to express yet couldn't articulate!  She knows me too well, that one does...lol
 Inspired by the success of that spread, and a cute little card made by one friend, and sent to me by another friend, I went to work on the next spread...a little over 2 hours later (that includes my drying time), this is what I had wrought....
Acrylic paints and inks along with scraps of paper, and that cute little frog by Betty Guffey Richardson, and I was thrilled with the result...Isn't he just adorable.  And just in case you can't read the text, it says..."He wasn't a prince until he kissed me"
So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is this....

if you're having trouble creating, ask yourself what negative thing you're holding onto...then let it go...and see what happens!

Later, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment